Terms and Conditions
Without all the legal mumbo-jumbo, but with the understanding that these Terms and Conditions apply to anyone using this service, the Terms and Conditions for NotHereAnywhere.com services are: ("You" is the person or entity using the service at NotHereAnymore.com ; "We" are the folks and entities associated with providing the NotHereAnymore site and services therein)
- You (the Client, or the person or entity that uses our service) certify that you have the proper rights and authority to sign up with the information that you provide.
- We (all folks and entities associate with the ownership and/or maintenance of the NotHereAnywhere.com site and its content) provide you with a place to store your final instructions - things that you want to tell others when you are 'Not Here Anymore'.
- We will not divulge your instructions or personal information until such time that you don't respond to our "Are You OK?' messages.
- We will send out an email to your primary and secondary email addresses about every month. This is the "Are You OK?" message. A special and unique link in the email is included. You need to click on the link to verify that you are still OK.
- If you don't respond to the initial "Are You OK?" message within 4 days, we will send another email, again with an unique link, to your primary and secondary email addresses. You need to click on the link to let us know that all is well.
- If you don't respond to the second email within 2 days, we will send one final "Are You OK?" message, again with the unique link that you should click to let us know that all is well.
- If you have not responded to any of those three emails, we will assume that you are "Not Here Anymore". At that point, we will send, along with our condolences, your instructions and messages to those that you have designated.
- We don't guarantee delivery of emails due to addressing errors or other errors out of our control. If you have provided an incorrect email address, we will not attempt to figure out a correct email address. We will use the email addresses that you provide. If any email address needs to be changed, that is your responsibility.
- We will store your instructions in an encrypted database, and access to your account and instructions is only via your unique user name and password. You are responsible for keeping that user name and password secure from unauthorized use. We are not responsible for damages or monetary loss due to your failure to keep your user name and password secure from unauthorized use.
- We will not disclose your instructions to anyone (other than those you designate after your apparent passing) except as required by law.
- We will send your instructions as you have designated after three non-responses to the "Are You OK?" message.
- Any instructions you leave for others may not be legally binding in your jurisdiction. We strongly suggest that you consult an attorney about formal instructions for you and your estate after your passing.
- This site provides a voluntary
you to send out your instructions after your passing. But there is no guarantee of fitness or reliability or appropriateness, or timeliness of instruction delivery, although we will do our best to send out your instructions on your apparent passing.
- We are not responsible for any damages or monetary loss due to loss or exposure of any information submitted to this site, or for any failure of delivery of any email messages to you or others.
- We are not responsible for any person or entity or any messages sent for anyone that uses false identification or information to use this service, including any impersonation of another person or entity while using this service.
- We are not responsible for any content including email messages that is sent to any other person or entity.
- We are not responsible for any damages or monetary loss due to premature disclosure of your instructions, including instructions sent as a result of your not responding to our "Are You OK?" messages.
- This site may be discontinued at any time without prior notice, with data deleted upon discontinuance.
- Your use of this site is acknowledgment of your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you are invited to delete any instructions and request cancellation of your account. No hard feelings or bad karma will ensue.
- These terms and conditions may be changed at any time without prior notice; this page contains the current terms and conditions.
- All concepts, design, and implementation of this site is Copyright © 2009-2017 by the owners of the NotHereAnymore site, All Rights Reserved.
- These terms and conditions are effective 1 March 2015, and are non-expiring.